Pet Friendly Terms and Conditions
- Pet friendly villas require a $200 non-refundable fee on all weekly rentals (or $40 per day), which will be added to the base rental charge.
- Guest is responsible for any and all damages to the premises caused by the pet, including, but not limited to: urine, chewing, scratching or destruction of property.
- Guest must pick up after pet at all times in all locations. Excessive barking is prohibited. If your pet has separation anxiety, do not leave him/her in the villas alone. Guests found in violation of this regulation will be fined and/or be asked to leave, forfeiting any remaining rental nights.
- Pets must be even-tempered, well behaved, sociable, and in good health. If your pet is anxious, aggressive, or likely to be highly stressed, it is probably in his best interest to make alternative plans.
- All pets are required to use flea prevention such as Frontline or Advantage.
- Please be sure to clean and vacuum regularly during your stay.
These regulations have been created in an effort to create a more harmonious environment. Please be conscious of your neighbors, many of whom reside permanently. If problems continue, pets may not be allowed in certain areas of the Island or particular villas or homes.
Please help us to continue our “pet friendly” service to you and your pet.
Guidelines and Rules for Responsible Dog Handling on Seabrook Island
- Dogs and their handlers are subject to the RULES OF THE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION which has jurisdiction for all areas on Seabrook Island, including the boardwalks leading to the beach, and ORDINANCES OF THE TOWN OF SEABROOK which has jurisdiction over all the beach areas on Seabrook Island.
- We recommend that all dogs be leashed when off owner’s private property. Unleashed dogs are not allowed on any golf course, tennis facility or equestrian area. Please respect “no dogs” signs when posted.
- We now have a designated area on North Beach for our dogs to be off leash but under voice control. This area is established from a point beginning approximately 300 yards east (left) of a line extending from the Community Center boardwalk to the ocean and continuing approximately 550 yards along the beach. (Signs are posted at the beginning and end points.) From May 1 to October 31 dogs are allowed off leash below the apparent high water mark before 10:00 AM and after 5:00 PM.
- NO DOGS OR PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED ON THE DUNES AT ANY TIME.
- Do not go by yourself or with your dog anywhere near a turtle nest (designated by an orange and white stake) or nesting bird area, even with your dog on leash.
- You MUST pick up after your dog at all times and all places and dispose of the bag in the proper receptacles. “Mutt mitts” are available commercially and the POA provides rolls of bags at the entrance to most boardwalk/beach locations.
- When the horses are in the designated “off leash” area, please have control of your dog so as not to spook the horses. They have as much right to be in this area as you do.
Please respect these rules so that we can continue to enjoy the pleasure of exercising our dogs on the beach and in the water during the summer months.
WE WISH YOU AND YOUR DOGS A HAPPY AND SAFE VACATION ON SEABROOK ISLAND SEABROOK ISLAND DOG OWNERS GROUP (SIDOGS)